A couple of questions

29/11/2012 19:33

Jeffest

Hi, I’ve been designing t-shirts for about 10 years now, starting with Cafepress and now with Zazzle, and after my experience with both I decided to finally look into doing my own printing and selling on ebay. While browsing the T-shirt Forum for heat press information I found your website and I’ve decided to give it a shot to kind of test the waters, but after putting up two designs on ebay there’s still a few things that I’m not totally clear on.

From what I’ve figured out so far, the template for ebay is available under Account Settings-> Ebay Settings where default prices and other information can be set. Then after submitting a new design to ebay, I have to click on ‘revise auction’ to change the description and other features, correct? So, here’s a few questions about that.

1. Where can I find more information on the type of shirt I’m offering so I can place that in the ad? And what about instructions for washing and caring for the shirt. Is that included with the order?

3. I would like to offer Express shipping, with this being the holidays, but your price defaults to $3.99 which is lower than Standard shipping. How can this be right?

4. What zip code should I select (90210 or M2L 4B2)?

5. What about sales tax?

6. Is there an advantage or disadvantage to choosing 20 shirts per size versus the default of 3? Can I revise the number of shirts on ebay if I sell out of one size without starting a new ad?

7. I’d like to mention in the ad that I sell the same design on Zazzle but at a higher price. Am I allowed to put a link to my Zazzle store in my ebay ad?

Thanks!
29/11/2012 20:31

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Hi Jeffest, welcome to Tshirtgang!

I can help you out with your questions. All of your Ebay Settings will be handled under Account Settings > Ebay Settings. From here you can change your default pricing for three groups of shirts we offer. White, Ringers and Colors. We divided these up into these groups because our prices are based on those groups.

You can see more about our pricing here:
http://tshirtgang.com/cp/pricing

1) We do have an FAQ available for reading which can be found here:
tshirtgang.com/faq
but if you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us through our contact form found here:
http://tshirtgang.com/contact/

3) (because you skipped 2). Our express shipping is completely optional, but with the holiday season happening, a lot of users are using this feature. Note that the pricing is split up on the left and right of your screen. The left side being your standard shipping with a field for each additional item (combined shipping), while the right is for express shipping.
Your default pricing should be set at $4.99 for standard and $8.99 for express. You are free to change these pricing to better suit your needs.

4) The zip code / postal field is entirely up to you. Note we only support posting to eBay.com (United States) and eBay.ca (Canada). Most users generally use their own postal / zip code to better get local users, but our shipping facility is located in Falls, NY 14303.

5) Tshirtgang does charge a GST (13%) fee for Canadian orders.

6) There is no advantage for choosing more shirts per size. The only real advantage is not having to go in and modify your auction if you have a hot item. Reducing your shirts per size will also help keep you within your variation limits eBay has set. If you have an established account, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

7) You're free to add what you like in your description, but eBay has restrictions about adding URLs, email addresses and other external linking away from their site. You may receive error messages while posting because of this.

Hope this helps!
Andrew

Developer / Project Manager
Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
Twitter: @phpandrew
29/11/2012 21:30

Jeffest

Thank you Andrew, that was very helpful and I think most of my questions were answered. The one thing that maybe needs updating on your end would be the default shipping. When I clear these fields out, what comes up for Standard shipping is $3.99 and the same for Express. I'll go ahead and change these on my end to what you suggested. Additional shirts show as shipping for $2.99 for both - is this correct? Also, I assume I can change shipping to zero if I want to offer free shipping and just raise my prices to absorb the cost? Thanks for the quick response. =)
29/11/2012 22:34

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
What you're likely seeing is the placeholders for the fields. That is just an example of how you should input the price. The additional field is how much each additional shirt the customer will pay.

Andrew

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
29/11/2012 23:04

Jeffest

Okay, so what is the shipping cost for each additional shirt?
29/11/2012 23:06

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
QUOTE:
Okay, so what is the shipping cost for each additional shirt?

Tshirtgang charges a standard rate for each shirt. Our prices for shipping and fulfillment fee vary with size and territory.

The each additional size field for ebay is just a nice gesture to your buyers to encourage them to shop with you if you offer combined shipping or lower rates. Again, all pricing is up to you.

See our Pricing Page for information about shipping and fulfillment fees.

Andrew

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket

You must be logged in to reply.