LetsEncrypt! Free SSL Certificates for all!

23/08/2019 09:32

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Hi gang,

We are very happy to announce that starting today, we will be offering free SSL certificates to all Tshirtgang Commerce store owners!

We have been working very hard to bring this amazing feature to all of our users to help secure all Tshirtgang Commerce stores.

SSL Certificates (https) encrypts web traffic for safe and secure checkouts for your buyers. Adding an SSL certificate to your website can help increase trust in your store and lead to higher sales.

What do you need to do?
Navigate to My Tshirtgang > My Store and click "Add Free SSL Cert for this domain". That's it! Sitback and relax, we'll handle the rest.
Certificates will be installed automatically shortly after.

What happens to existing certificates?
Anyone who has purchased a certificate will receive an email that their certificate does not need to be renewed anymore and it will automatically be switched over to LetsEncrypt.

New store setups
Any new domain purchased through Tshirtgang will also automatically have a free SSL certificate installed.

Existing stores will automatically be encrypted
In the future, we will automatically be adding SSL certificates to all active Tshirtgang Commerce stores who currently do not have a certificate. You will be sent a notification when your certificate is installed.

Happy Selling!
Tshirtgang

Developer / Project Manager
Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
Twitter: @phpandrew
03/03/2020 21:52

Christine.poe@sympatico.ca

I am a bit confused. In December TShirtgang sent me an email saying my SSL certificate was about to expire and that I had to pay 19.99 before the end of December, which I did. Was it supposed to be free?
04/03/2020 07:39

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
QUOTE:
I am a bit confused. In December TShirtgang sent me an email saying my SSL certificate was about to expire and that I had to pay 19.99 before the end of December, which I did. Was it supposed to be free?

You would have gotten an email from namecheap about an SSL expiring, that we do not have control over unfortunately.
But Tshirtgang also sent an email informing people you don't need to renew these anymore, and we stopped adding SSL certificates to Shopping Carts at the time of this announcement.

We did leave the SSL certificate purchase option under My Store, which is still available, for people who want an alternative to LetsEncrypt.

Andrew

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
04/03/2020 10:54

Christine.poe@sympatico.ca

Again, I am confused...sorry. You can see from the email I received, it came from T-Shirtgang and not namecheap.
04/03/2020 12:00

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Please open a Support Ticket with all of the provided information (date and time of the email) and we'll assist you there.

Andrew

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket

You must be logged in to reply.