Ebay listing with item options

25/03/2015 13:41

Ken Bruce

Is it possible to list a shirt on Ebay and have a dropdown box for color in addition to the size dropdown?
Also, what about shirt style dropdown.

Like it appears on our Tshirtgang website.

Thanks!
27/03/2015 11:47

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Hi Ken,

I have discussed this before with other sellers and mention this is an issue with how ebay handles variations.

Variations are calculated by the amount of products you offer in a single page, quantity, and any other option you have listed.
Say you offer 10 sizes with a quantity of 5. You would use up 50 variations in a single posting. If you add another option in the dropdown (style and/or color) you multiply the variations.

This quickly gets adds up and eventually you won't be able to list any more shirts. Each account has a number of variations they can list. New accounts are allowed 10. That means 10 shirts with no sizing options and quantity of 1, or 1 shirt with 10 sizes and quantity of 1.

It all comes down to eBay putting limits on each account with these variations. Until they change how this is managed, we'll only offer sizing.

Hope this helps,
Andrew

Developer / Project Manager
Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
Twitter: @phpandrew
04/04/2016 13:15

Jeffest

Is it possible to list variations on Etsy because I don't think they have those kinds of limitations. Like if I placed my design on a black shirt but listed black and navy blue in my Etsy ad and someone ordered navy blue, would it show up and print correctly as navy blue?
04/04/2016 14:00

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
That's currently not in our plans to add, as something like style would be of a higher priority and likely to generate more sales.

Developer / Project Manager
Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
Twitter: @phpandrew
05/04/2016 12:57

Jeffest

Would be nice to have variations for both style and color. Talk about generating sales!

You must be logged in to reply.